IAU Symposium 323 - Planetary nebulae: Multi-wavelength probes of stellar and galactic evolution
The IAU Symposium 323 - Planetary nebulae: Multi-wavelength probes of stellar and galactic evolution will be held in Beijing, China during October 10th -14th, 2016. We appreciate your concerns and warmly welcome your presence. The following information is for your reference.
I. Conference Venue
Yingjie Exchange Center, Peking University
(Please refer to the map attached)
II. Scientific Program
The preliminary scientific program will be released soon on the IAUS323 webpage. Please keep an eye on it for latest update.
III. On-site Registration
Oct. 9th 16:00-20:00 Lobby, Yingjie Exchange Center, Peking University
Oct. 10th 08:00-09:00 Lobby, Yingjie Exchange Center, Peking University
- Please enter the campus from the Southeast Gate of Peking University with a printed version of CAMPUS ENTRY NOTICE (see Attachment 1). It is recommended to register on Oct. 9th.
- Please log into the registration system, download and print the invitation code with you, which will help make your registration process easier.
- For student participants, please show your student identity card at the registration counter.
IV. Registration Fee Payment
The payment can be made online in the registration system or through bank transfer, and participants can also pay onsite with RMB cash, Unionpay, MasterCard, VISA etc.
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, please make the remittance before September 15th (Chinese standard time). For remittances that are made beforehand but haven’t received the confirmation email by the end of September 26th, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
- The receipt of registration fee can be collected during your onsite registration. If you need it prior to the symposium, please contact email@example.com.
- For cancelations of the registration, please inform the Conference Secretariat at your earliest convenience and you can get a full refund of the amount paid minus a handling fee. For detailed cancellation policies, please refer to the IAUS323 website. If you’ve made a hotel reservation, a handling fee of 50% registration payment, together with one night room rate, will be charged for cancellations on or after October 9, 2016 (Chinese Standard Time).
The deadline for hotel reservation is September 1, 2016. If you stay at the symposium’s appointed hotel, please refer to the information below:
- The reservation will be guaranteed only if your registration fee gets paid.
- You may go to hotel directly and check in with your identity card or passport. Conference Secretariat will send your reservations to the hotel in advance. If your check-in time is later than 18:00, please kindly notify firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1, 2016 to ensure your reservation.
- Accommodation bills should be paid off to the hotel cashier when you check in by cash or credit card at the hotel reception.
- Hotel check-out time is 12:00 at noon. A half-day room rate may be charged by the hotel for late check-out.
VI. Oral Presentation
- If you cannot participate in the oral presentation due to unexpected situations, please do inform the Conference Secretariat before October 1, 2016 at your earliest convenience.
- Time Limit
The length of each presentation indicated on the Program includes speech and Q&A sessions (please refer to the Program on IAUS323 webpage). Please have a strict time control on your speech.
- Presentation File Submission
A projector and a laptop with Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader will be available for oral presentations. We strongly advise presenters to copy the file to a memory stick and bring it to the Registration/Information Desk at least one day before your presentation. There the Speaker can check the applicability of your presentation on laptops identical to those being used in the meeting room, so as to ensure beforehand that your presentation will work properly. If you intend to use your own laptop, please also test before the session starts.
- During the Presentation
The Volunteer near the podium will assist speakers with your presentations. Please contact that Volunteer just before the start of the session. On the podium, the speaker will be provided with a LCD screen displaying your presentation, a laser pointer and a page-turner to control the presentation.
VII. Poster Display
All of the accepted posters will be displayed in the meeting room. The applicable size of a poster is 120 cm (height) × 90 cm (width). Presenters should arrange your posters at designated panels (adhesive tapes will be provided) before the beginning of the poster session and remove them at the end of the last session. Remaining posters will be discarded.
VIII. Social Event
There will be a half-day city excursion to the Great Wall at Juyong Pass (Juyongguan Great Wall) or Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City in the afternoon of Wednesday, October 12th. If you wish to participate, please log into your registration account and make the reservation first online. All charges will be made onsite in RMB cash. Reservations can also be made onsite at the registration counter, but seats cannot be guaranteed; please book your tickets in advance.
From airport to Hotel
- Taxi: You are recommended to take a taxi which can be easily found from the taxi station outside the Beijing Capital International Airport waiting hall. Please show the bilingual note (Appendix B) to the taxi driver if you do not speak Chinese. It takes you about CNY 130-150 from the airport to the hotel.
- Subway: You can take the Airport Express, transfer to Subway Line 10 at Sanyuanqiao Station, and then change to Subway line 4 at Haidianhuangzhuang Station and get off at East Gate of Peking University Station. The hotel is within walking distance about 8 minutes (to Zhongguanyuan Global Village, please exit from C; to the conference venue, please exit from D).
Note: It is suggested that you bring some Chinese currency or exchange money at the airport banks since the taxi and subway in Beijing accept Chinese cash only.
From Hotel to conferenc venue
Please get to the conference venue from hotel by yourself. For those who stay at Zhongguanyuan Global Village, you may walk to the conference venue, which takes 3-5 minutes, and the attached map is for your reference (Appendix A).
X. Other Information
A valid passport and visa for entering China are required. Please check with the nearest Chinese Embassy, Consulate or Visa Office for visa regulations and submit your visa application at least 1 month prior to your travel. Should you have any need regarding this, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
Wireless connection will be available at conference venue and the account for log-in will be provided during the conference. Please be noted that Google, Gmail, Facebook and Twitter are NOT accessible in China; if you have any need for this, please log in via your own VPN.
If you would like to have lunch provided by the symposium or/and participate in the banquet, please buy the coupons or/and tickets onsite on Oct. 9, 2016.
XI. Conference Website
For more information, please see the symposium’s webpage: http://iaus323.pku.edu.cn/iaus323/ .
Ms. Ning ZHANG
Ms. Kara BAI
• Appendix A: Map of Peking University
• Appendix B: Bilingual Notes to the Chinese Taxi Driver
Appendix A: Map of Peking University
Appendix B: Bilingual Notes to the Chinese Taxi Driver