Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner according to his/her identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type.
Visa F (business visa): For visitors who are travelling to China on a study or lecture tour or for a scientific conference for a period of no more than six months. To apply for a Visa F, a letter of invitation from the host organisation is required.
Visa L (tourist visa): Issued to aliens who come to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other private purposes. For a tourist applicant, in principle he/she shall evidence his/her financial capability of covering the travelling expenses in China, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/region after leaving China. For the applicants who come to China to visit relatives, some are required to provide invitation letters from their relatives in China.
To make your trip to China an easy and pleasant one, you are kindly advised to consult the local Chinese Embassies or Consulates-General first for travel information. They will readily help you go through the necessary procedures.
Necessary materials to apply for Chinese visa:
(1) A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa;
(2) One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;
(3) One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted);
(4) Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China;
(5) Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer;
For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.
If you need the “Invitation Letter of Duly authorized Unit” for visa application, please fill in all the required information in the registration system. If you have accompanying persons, please also fill in their information in the registration system. Any questions please contact at email@example.com.